
I have been reflecting a lot lately on the nature of how advertising affects me. I have never been one to have a favorite ad on television. I have never been the type of consumer to rush out and purchase the things advertised on television. I generally do a ton of research or buy things out of their inherent cuteness.
I am however extremely affected by packaging. When a package is somewhat novel or designed in a concise manner I have a strong desire to consume. From chocolate to socks to green beans. I will purchase things shaped like animals or in an orange packager over their similar counterparts, even if the product is inferior to the a poorly packaged twin.
Which makes me think maybe I am not a savvy consumer at all.

3 comments:
I don't think I'm a very savvy consumer either! Sometimes I'll just be walking around going "la la la la" then A.D.D. happens and it's "OOOH SHINY!!"
Game Over :[
The packaging invites us to try the product. If the packaging and exterior is successfully designed, people want to see what is inside.
trader joe's packaging is all made from rice. useless tidbit of the day. (other useless tidbit- zoee has a crush on legs mcneil and he's on her tv right now)
Post a Comment